City of Silverton Flag Contest
On September 10, 2018 the Silverton City Council passed Resolution No. 18-21 establishing a City Flag Contest. It is the desire of the Council to allow the community to create a flag that represents the unique history and bounty that Silverton has to offer.
All entries will be reviewed by a five member Selection Committee composed of two city councilors, a representative from the Silverton Chamber of Commerce, the Silverton Arts Association, and the Silverton Historical Society. The Selection Committee will choose the top three flags to be reviewed by the Silverton City Council, who will make the final flag selection.
The following are tips and suggestions for your flag design:
- Designs need to be in color and should be simple. All entries need to have the ability to be enlarged to fit a standard 3’ x 5’ ratio.
- The flag needs to be an original work of the artist.
- Avoid a lot of lettering or seals that can make the flag appear cluttered.
- Entries can be rejected if they are not positive in nature.
- An application and release form must be included with each flag design.
Designs can be submitted one of three ways:
- By mail, send the signed application with design in digital format (JPEG) accompanied by an 8.5 x 11 inch color printed version paper copy to:
- City of Silverton
- Attn: Administration Department
- 306 S Water Street
- Silverton, OR 97381
- In person, drop off your signed application with design in digital format (JPEG) accompanied by an 8.5 x 11 inch color printed paper copy at City Hall, Administration Department 306 S. Water Street.
- By email, send the signed application in Word or PDF with design in digital format (JPEG) to email@example.com with subject line “City Flag Contest.”
The top three flag designs will be forwarded to the Silverton City Council, where the designers will be asked to present their flags to the Council. The winner will be announced and recognized at a Silverton City Council meeting. The flag will be displayed at City Hall.