How to Report a Streetlight Outage

Portland General Electric (PGE) maintains most neighborhood streetlights in Silverton (electricity is paid for by the City). If a streetlight needs repair or a light is out, please report it to PGE. If possible, include the map and pole number found on a metal tag on the light pole. In most cases lights are repaired within 30 days.

How to Request a Streetlight Shield

A streetlight shield is a way to block the rays of outdoor LED light in one or more directions. PGE's policy is that streetlight shields are allowed if the adjacent property owner works directly with PGE to have them installed. The cost is approximately $150. You can reach PGE's Customer Service Department at 503-228-6322 or 800-542-8818. Representatives are available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Streetlight Shield